Wednesday, September 14, 2005

3rd and finally successfuly attempt at muffins

Yup, this was to be my last and final attempy before I move on to do other stuff..and thankfully, it was the best out of the 3 attempts. I used the same basic recipe before, divided the batter into two batches, and added crushed malteser to one batter, and banana chunks and dark valronha chocolate to the other. And I filled my muffin pan right to the brim. The result?

Yup, beautifully shaped golden brown muffins at long last. I was so pleased with my efforts. This time round, I took care not to overmix the batter,lest it resulted in a tough muffin again. However, I think as a result of not mixing it thoroughly, the chocolate and banana chunks weren't evenly distributed, resulting in some very chocolatey muffins, and some rather plain ones. The texture of the muffin was beautifully moist and soft and the soft melted valronha chocolate made it just so delicious. One puzzling thing was that the bottom and side of the muffins were still a pale colour. I wonder what's wrong. Could it be the oven? Hmmm..

Anyway, here is the recipe for the muffin, for muffin lovers out there. Its a simple recipe, and relatively low fat too. I took it from the net and modified it:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 tbsp salted butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Topping( 1 cup crushed malteser/1 cup chocolate chips and 1 chopped banana)

Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius
Butter twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups.
Into a bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda.
Melt butter and in a small bowl whisk together with buttermilk,yoghurt, egg, and vanilla. Stir butter mixture (and topping) into flour mixture until just combined. (Do not overmix,important)
Divide batter among muffin cups and bake in middle of oven until golden and a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home