Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Muffins- an indepth study

The title sounds so cheem doesnt it? Haha, I know you guys would probably be quite tired of hearing me go on and on about muffins.But I swear, one more attempt, and if its not successful, I would go back to doing what I do best. Cookies, that is. And come back again maybe 1 or 2 months later.

For now, I am simply obsessed with muffins. I had two muffins today.One for lunch and one for tea. After my lesson at 12, I had to rush off somewhere and only had time to grab a banana muffin from Coffee club xpress in school. Like a muffin connoisseur(roll eyes), I sniffed at it, pinched a bit and savoured it, and was totally focusing all my attention on it as I walked towards the bus terminal. I decided that I didnt like it much. Firstly, it was too cloyingly sweet. 2nd, it had a very dense texture. That didnt stop me from finishing everybit of it though. Its redeeming factors are the walnut bits found throughout the whole muffin and also that its soft and moist.

My second muffin was at Cinnabun Tree again. This time, I chose a apple cinnamon muffin as I wanted to try something new for inspiration, and they didnt have peanut butter which I wanted(only available on mons)..sigh.. I am afraid I didnt like it much either, as I am not a big fan of apples in pastries. But I have to say, I still think their muffins are the best in the business. The interior of the muffin was very moist, very soft,very tender and very flavourful with lots of raisins and some chunks of apple, topped with cinnamon sugar.

Even muffin talk for today...hahah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home