Sunday, November 06, 2005

Desserts at Coffee Club

Yesterday night, I went to Coffee Club for the second time that day, this time for desserts, with Dad and Aunt aubrey. We went to the one at Hotel Rendezvous, which was a nice chill out place, but we were bitterly disappointed as many of the cakes we wanted were sold out, like chocolate truffles, rum and raisin truffles, brownies etc...in the end, we settle for tiramisu mudpie(my choice), and chocolate peppermine cake(dad's choice),which turned out to be a poor choice. And dad ordered a tiramisu latte, and of course I ordered the house special which is the iced mocha vanilla.

The tiramisu mudpie consisted of a base of sponge followed by chocolate ice-cream and topped with mascarpone. It was nice and rich, though they were also ice in the ice-cream, home made ones are like that, I suppose. The chocolate peppermint cake paled in comparison with the mudpie. It consisted of layers of flourless chocolate sponge with peppermint cream in between. The peppermint layer could have been softer and I thought the chocolate taste was pretty non-existent, though it could have been because I didnt like sponge as well..

Dad's tiramisu latte had tia maria and marsala(I think) in it,it was really nice but abit too sweet for my liking, though I think alcohol and coffee goes really well together. And my own ice mocha vanilla was deliciously thick with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top. My only complaint is that there was too much ice in it...hahah

Verdict, I still prefer the muddy mudpie, chocolate truffle and chocolate a la mode. And I think the outlet at Ngee Ann city is still the best, with the widest selection.

ps: Picture were taken with my nokia phone, pardon the poor quality and the size of it ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home