Saturday, November 05, 2005

Ever since HP came back from Shanghai, we have been eating out alot, and all nice places too, like Cafebiz, Crystal Jade, Empire Cafe...etc...and today, we went to Coffee Club, one of my favourite dining place. Its a pity my parents do not really support my piture taking of the food I eat, so I cannot post much pictures of food in this blog, so you just have to rely on words. Everytime I see nice food with a lovely presentation, I just have this strong urge to go trigger happy..sigh..

Anyway, for me, the most memorable thing about Coffee Club has got to be its desserts, especially its gigantic muddy mudpie which my dad and I are most fond of, with a layer of coffee ice-cream and a layer of chocolate ice-cream atop a chewy oreo crust sprinkled liberally with cookie crumbs and drizzled generously with chocolate sauce, and also its brownies a la mode(which I think I have mentioned before), the New York cheesecake is a sight to behold too and really yummy, I really wonder how they make its so nice and smooth at the top,without any depressions or bumps or dents whatsoever. One of these days, I am going to bake cheesecake again, after my not very successful attempt at chocolate swirl cheesecake quite some time back. Sure, it tasted good, but it also looked very ugly. And aesthetically pleasing food is very important.

I digressed again..hahah.. We went to the outlet at Ngee Ann city, and set at a table with a very nice view of the christmas tree and the constant aroma of coffee. I ordered a swiss melt sandwich today, not wanting to have a heavy lunch, and it was a very good choice. It is creamy stewed mushrooms with melted swiss cheese inside two soft and fluffy focaccia buns. (Ripped the picture from the Coffee Club website..hah.It tasted as good as it look) Mum ordered the set which came with Pumpkin soup that was deliciously thick and creamy and sweet, and its so healthy(think of all the antioxidants in pumpkin), and Penne with salmon sauce with vodka. It was pretty nice, with a cream based salmon sauce, but I still preferred my sandwich.

After lunch, there was another surprise. We went down to the food hall as Mum and HP wanted to buy a box of chocolates as they were going to a friend's house for dinner tonight. They bought a big box of Godiva chocolates which cost $77. And when I was busy looking longingly at the chocolate truffles in the glass display, HP bought another box of Godiva 50% dark cocoa caraque. Its supposed to be for us, but since I am the only one who actually appreciates chocolate at home...heeehee..guess I would be the lucky one finishing it. Man, I am so going to slowly savour every piece. I do so love dark chocolate. I just bought a piece of 72% cocoa Lindt dark chocolate and have been eating it everyday, a piece a day. When it comes to good chocolates, a piece is more than enough to satisfy...mmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home