Saturday, October 01, 2005

I went to the chocolate buffet at the Fullerton Courtyard today, and man oh man, was it a totally out of the world experience for a chocolate aficionado like me. A sense of anticipation had built up in me before that, and when I got there, the sight of the lavish spread was enough to make me feel all excited. And good thing was that phototaking was allowed, so viewers can have a feast of the eyes. Coffee or tea was served, but heck, who wants coffee or tea when you can have chocolates? We got down to business immediately.

The first thing I saw was the multi-tiered, 1m high chocolate fountain, gushing down wonderfully smelling chocolate which looked so thick and delicious, and it was really good stuff, way better than the one at Max Brenner. There was a spread of strawberries, puff pastries, breadsticks,marshmellows and some other fruits. All you have got to do is to stick the food into the fountain and coat it. I had fun doing that and wished I could just take a cup of it and drink it..hahah...the only complain was the lack of bananas, after all, chocolate and bananas goes together like a dream, why on earth didnt they include it..my favourite is strawberry with chocolate. Unbelievably delicious. One thing is because they use whole, big and fresh, juicy and sweet strawberries instead of the miserable chopped up portions in other places, and I had no qualms about holding it under the gushing stream of chocolate, hoping for a thicker layer of coating, and I was not disappointed...ahhhh....blisss

The pastries table was filled with a wide assortment of pastries, too numerous to name. Each of them exquisitely made and beautifully presented, some with very weird names, but all of them very very good. Really good quality stuff. I would love to describe each of them individually, but there were really too many. My personal favourites(all of them??haha) were baileys white chocolate ivory soup,a rich and deliciously creamy drink, you can tell from the name what it consists of. I love Baileys, which is alcoholic Irish cream, though I couldnt really taste the baileys, I thought it was really yummy and sinful, with roasted almond bits on top

Another was the Fullerton cake,which was a rich, dark and super fudgy piece of cake with praline crunch and goodness knows what else. It was also my makeshift birthday cake.
There was even a drink station whereby bits of chocolate of different types were displayed and there was a chef there who would hit it in milk and make it into a hot chocolate. I was so excited and thought it was really cool, but I could not manage a second helping by then though I had initially wanted to try all. The chef,seeing my excitement chatted to me and shared that he was a chocolate lover as well because I thought that he would grow out of it after seeing and eating chocolates everyday, but apparently not. I think I was already high from all the chocolates then as i was chatting and laughing with him like an old friend.

I can't believe we stayed till 11,which was the closing time. 3 hours of chocolate, was a bit too much. And I felt so full after that. Dare I say that I am sick of chocolates, nah, I think its but a temporary thing. I would definitely be back again. More pictures below, enjoy..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home