Friday, September 23, 2005

I went to Changi Airport for dinner today. Well, its the last day of the holiday, and steph and I decided to give ourselves a break. We went Changi, well, because of the food, and he likes planes as well.

Go to changi all the way for food? We must be crazy right? But you see, the one and only Popeyes in Singapore is there. Not popeyes and the sailor man, but Popeyes Chicken and biscuit restaurant(fast food). Yup, they do have great stuff there, and I love it because of the famous biscuit which is actually buttermilk biscuit and I am crazy over it. Friends know that I love scones, in fact, there was a period whereby I ate it almost everyday and was still not sick of it. Well, the buttermilk biscuit is like scones in terms of looks and texture, but it is salty instead of sweet. Maple syrup is provided and the combination of salty and sweet is lethal indeed. And I love how crusty the biscuit is on the outside and so soft,moist and tender on the inside. And its served warm and fresh, right out of the oven.

But lets move on to the main course, which is as you have guessed- Chicken. Deep fried, delicious breaded cajun chicken. Very flavourful, very crispy skin and very yummy. Steph and I ordered the 3 piece chicken set meal which came with drinks and 3 side dishes plus 2 buttermilk biscuits. We chose Cajun fries, mashed potato and coleslaw for the sides and man were they good. The fries were dipped in a special cajun batter and cooked to a golden brown. No soggy fries there. It was a very hearty meal there and we ate to our hearts' content. For people who don't like chicken, they have fish combos as well..

After dinner, I spied this chocolate store at the airport and I headed straight for it. As usual, temptation abound. I bought two bars of chocolates which I can't find anywhere else in Singapore. I am sure most of you have seen Swiss Delice brand of chocolate in supermarkets- dark chocolate, milk chocolate with raisins etc...no big deal right, but get this, there was Irish coffee creation- Fine milk chocolate with Irish Coffee Truffle filling and Brownies creation-Tender milk chocolate with dark chocoalte filling,nibbed pecan nuts and biscuit granules. I didnt even know they existed. And they were delicious. The irish coffee one was bitter and gave a slight buzz after a few pieces. I loved the wickedly delicious truffle filling. The brownies one was really really good, beyond description and beyond imagination. Haha. I have a confession to make. Though dark chocolate is my preferred choice of chocolate. I have a weakness for chocolate with truffle fillings. There is just something about biting through a piece of chocolate and discovering the 'treasures' inside..

After such a great dinner and a even sweeter ending, I am so glad that I found the time to go to the gym today. Oh and by the way, both Popeyes and the chocolate shop(forgotten the name) are located at Terminal 1 of Changi Airport. So if you happen to be there, Popeyes is 'die die must try ah'...hahah. I think it sure beats KFC, chicken, colesaw and mashed potato and all, hands down. Added bonus? Buttermilk biscuit..hahah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home