Thursday, September 22, 2005

Miss Clarity Cafe at long last

After hearing so many good things about Miss Clarity Cafe, it has long been my desire to visit the place, and I finally got the chance to today. I have been so looking forward to visiting for quite some time, and I wasnt disappointed..

As soon as I walked into the place, I felt totally at home. The bright splashes of pink, yellow and green gave the place a liveliness and their were quite a number of avators on the wall that resembled something out of Happy family. The place simply oozes happiness and I simply love the quirkiness of the place. Its a great place to go chill out or when you are feeling down and in need of a chocolate fix..this is it.

I went with 2 other girls and we ordered lots of food. Imagine this, we ordered 3 sets which came with either salad or soup, main course, dessert and drink plus one more main course. And get this, each person only paid $11 for everything. Can you believe this? This is simply value for money, and you get good food as well. When I mean good, the price is taken into consideration as well. You know how when you go to some cafe and the price is cheap and the food served up looks unappetising and dingy. But here, the presentation of the food was great and you get the feeling that its done lovingly instead of shoddily. And now, enough talk, lets get on to the food..

First up was the salad which I liked cos there were a variety of colours in the salad which contained tomatoes, cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots shreds and even chickpeas and raisins which balanced the tangy dressing pretty nicely. The dressing was different from other salad dressings, not quite Italian, not quite thousand island and not vinigrette either, but whatever it was, it was good and made me feel quite healthy(before the unhealthy stuff). The chicken ballotine which is actually chicken stuffed with mushroom is very unique and quite worth a try, though I found it a tad bland. I liked the chicken Gordon bleu which is actually breaded chicken with ham and cheese and came with a nice spicy mayo like sauce called avioli, though they could have been more generous with the cheese...I found it deliciously crispy and tasty. My own main of ham and sausage baked rice was not bad as well, with tomato based sauce topped with generous chunks of sausage and ham slices and topped with mozarella cheese.

By the time we were finished with the main, our stomachs were in danger of bursting. However, there would always be room for desserts. First up, was the valronha chocolate marquise which on first bite tasted faintly bitter and sweet both at once. On further tasting, I deduced that it had a praline crunch base and digestive biscuit bits amidst the chocolate. Something different from the normal chocolate cakes and was to my liking. Next was warm and deliciously moist bread and butter pudding drenched generously with vanilla sauce. If every there was a comfort food, this is definitely one. Last but definitely not least was the chocolate mud ooze which we had to wait 7mins for as they actually baked it right before serving(another of my deduction), and topped with vanilla icecream...my favourite kind of dessert. A combination of hot and cold, chocolate and vanilla, orgasmic combination. Why ooze? Cos it is baked such that the inside of the cake is still soft and deliciously gooey and when you poke the cake with your spoon, the chocolate oozes out....yummmy indeed. My only complain? There is too little of it...hahah

Splendid pricing, yummy food, especially the dessert and great ambience. I would definitely be back

Miss Clarity Cafe
5 purvis street
Tel: 63394803
Open from 7am to 11pm
Closed on Sundays

1 Comments:

Blogger the baker said...

really glad you enjoyed your visit! by the way, they used French dressing for the salad. Like you, I loved it and had to ask the boss what it was. And man oh man, the mud ooze was amazing wasn't it? You have to try their bread and butter pudding next. oh and their drinks - chocolate mint. wonderful. :)

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home